Thursday, December 8, 2011

A funny Christmas Story

This afternoon I had a conversation with my Mom about my post yesterday Christmas past. It was fun remembering past Christmas's. Here is a funny story about a Christmas a few years after Larry & I were married. Larry's friend talked him into buying a Virginia ham. Well that Christmas I said Larry you prep the ham I will cook it. I always thought you had to soak the ham at least overnight in water in the fridge. Well Larry thought it would only take a couple of hours. Well let's just say it was more than a tad bit salty. We had several people over and let's just say the sides & desserts were almost completely gone by the end of the evening and we had enough ham left over forever is what it seemed like. I don't remember if we kept it or dumped it. but we all had a good laugh that night and agreed if we ever have Virginia ham I would make sure it wasn't so salty.  Just thinking about this now makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment