Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tattoos tell me what you think

First let me start with no I do not have a tattoo and I don't plan on getting one. I have a funny story to tell later.
I think that they are cool looking and I see nothing wrong with them. I have family & friends that have them. I  will be honest I can't do it, I don't like pain and I hear they are painful. I will not do it. I am not the type of person to judge people based on looks. The one tattoo I do not understand is the one on women above the butt, or on shall we say private parts. Yes I did say private parts, because I just don't want to think of it, it makes me think ouch!!!
My late father had one that was his name. My brother & nephew have several. Larry has friends that I have met that have them too. My nephews wife has some too.
The scariest one I saw was in 1997 or 1998 I was tacking classes at Cypress College and one of my fellow students had a bald head, I guess you could say the tattoo was by his ear and part of his head. It was a web with a spider on it. He I wish I remember his name (brain fart) was about 5'7" and very muscular. I was intimidated I have to say at first, he sat down at the table outside our class. He new some of my fellow classmates, we all began to chat before class started. I found out that this man had been in prison and was sober member of AA and NA. I found him very interesting.
For those who don't know I grew up in a house where there was Alcoholism. I did marry Larry knowing that he is a recovering Alcoholic. I have been to AA, NA, CA meetings on and off for 29 yrs. I have gone to Al-anon on and off for over 26 yrs, before that I went to Ala-teen. I digress sorry. I have seen all types of people with & without tattoos, I still hope to continue not to judge in the future.
Funny story time, when Jeremiah my stepson I prefer son, came to me one day he was either 16 or 17 and wanted to ask if he could get a tattoo and so would his Dad (Larry). They also asked another time about getting their ears pierced. This was my answer, lets go know before you change your minds. They thought I would freak out and get mad I sure shocked them. Well they didn't get tattoos or ears pierced. Larry is still that way, I can't say that about Jeremiah I just don't know what he did or didn't do when he went into the Army or after her retired from the Army. Jeremiah will be 35 later this month.
Tell me what you think about tattoos yes? No? Do you judge people with tattoos.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment